A very Fine and near Mint 1796 Pattern Light Cavalry Officer's Sword

Stock Code: X1795

A very Fine and near Mint 1796 Pattern Light Cavalry Officer's Sword 37 ½" overall, 33" Steel curved blade with a single fuller each side. About 90% blued and gilt remaining to the sides. 10% bluing left on the back. Right flat from the hilt, all detail gilded on a blued background: floral band; horse beneath a tree; “OSBORNS WARRANTED” not gilded but in a blued oval; 1801 to 1816Royal Arms and floral display. Bluing terminates in three leaves. Left flat from the hilt, all detail gilded on a blue background: floral band; floral display; light horseman wearing a Tarleton hat firing a pistol; George 111 Royal cipher; crown ;floral display. Bluing terminates as the right flat. Scabbard of steel with 2 bands each attached to a carrying ring. Sword belt of black leather, gilt thread and gilded lions head buckles with 2 straps for suspending the sword and 3 for the sabretache.

Sword knot. Gold with some deep red.

Circa 1800.

 Delivery cost: Free within the UK via DPD next day delivery, Europe: £35; Rest of the World: £75 via DPD. All prices are per shipment so one charge will cover multiple purchases made at the same time.

Price: £5,995.00

Available: No